Now that you’ve identified, one, that you’re not sure of who you are anymore; two, how to figure out the mystery of finding yourself; and three, how you got off track in the first place; we’re ready to move on to the final part of putting it all together and moving forward with and reclaiming your best self!
To be clear, this process will not happen overnight. It took awhile to lost those authentic parts of yourself to get lost in the tangle of life, and it will take some conscious effort to regain and reclaim them. This is the part of the process that is, at least in our opinions, the most fun and the most exciting, though!
Now that you have a much better idea of what you want to regain and reclaim, the task ahead of you is to do just that! You may find this an easy task, but you may also struggle with finding ways to reintroduce your true self to the reality of your current daily life. We’ve compiled a short list for you here with some suggestions to help you ease into things:
- Visit someplace that nurtures your soul. This may be a museum, the beach, a city you’ve wanted explore, or the mountains
- Create a regular, consistent time for pursuing a creative venture like painting, writing, coloring, or crafting
- Take a class or workshop in an area of study that has always interested you
- Engage in a volunteer activity that bolsters your reclaimed self
- Establish a new habit that nourishes you
- Choose a word or an image that represents your reclaimed self and begin using it as a focal point or guide
- Make a change in your physical environment that supports your reclaimed self. This might come in the form of redecorating a room or getting your work space organized, or investing in some artwork to hang where you will see it regularly
Whatever it is you decide to do, make sure it serves YOU. It’s ok to be a little selfish here. This is your self, your identity, your very essence that we’re talking about. It’s about what makes you YOU. Don’t cheat yourself. Don’t settle for a half life. You deserve to feel whole and complete!
So get out there and start regaining and reclaiming! And while you’re at it, it might be just the right time to go update your personal profile text in your online profiles and tell the world who YOU are!